Friday 12 July 2024

To Thine Own Self, Be True…

Hey Peoples!

It’s been a minute. 

I know, I know… just that life has been lifing.

#whew!

So a conversation happened that got me thinking… so much so that it made me want to get serious-ish with stuff, with the blog and maybe more. 

Ok, let me gist you. The other day, I attended a friend’s birthday party and the celebrant introduced me to another guest and this happened. 

Celebrant to Lady: you’ve met my friend, right?

Lady: No, I don’t think I have.

Me: shakes head as mouth was busy with sweet puff puff

Celebrant to lady: This is AA’s wife.

Lady lights up: Oh, you’re the writer!

Me to myself: Writer bawo? *swallows puff puff*


Me to nice lady: Oh no, I am not a writer.

Nice lady: You know XYZ in Shreveport, right? She told me about y’all and she says you’re a writer.

Me still confused: Yes, I know her but I am not a writer.

At this point, another friend, Momma Ify, who was with us looks at me and says ‘but you write naa, how about your blog?’

Me in a state of lol: Ehn but that is not writing writing like that naa…

At this point, momma Ify went ahead to make my head swell by saying how much of a good writer she thinks I am. I sha stood there accepting the hype but not with full chest cz who are y’all talking about?!

I however remember I met the lady from Shreveport through my blog page on the ‘gram and I thought to myself, so like this now, this lady has been seeing me as, and introducing me as a writer and I’ve never considered myself  one?

What does it even mean to be a writer? I know I enjoy doing this and I started cz I wanted to put down my feelings on stuff, opinions and the occasional amebo out there and for no one in particular, I just wanted a fun type thing. I also started anonymously because I was not confident in my writing and not sure anyone would even be interested in reading it.

But this lady saw me as a writer *sneakering*.  She saw me as more than I saw myself and that made me feel good and then it made me feel bad about myself. I felt good because I felt ‘seen’ then I felt bad because I didn’t see myself. 

I always shied away from saying I had a blog and even when I began to say that I did, I always felt I was not writing anything serious which is why I only sent links to posts to my close friends only. There would be days I’d go through others’ blogs and ask myself why I do not write ‘serious’ stuff in a serious tone like they do. Then I’ll will myself to write like them but whenever I do, it just does not feel like me *does that even make sense?*

Anyways, after thinking long and hard, I have now decided to be me, to embrace my writing style and generally, to myself, be true.

So please allow me to introduce myself…*shouting on top of my lungs* My name is Zandaborom *whispers* and I am a writer.

Stay hydrated.

xoxo


PS: I don’t even know if this post title even gels like that but that was what popped up in my head when I thought of writing about this and I went with it.



38 comments:

  1. Why are you whispering? Abeg accept it with full chest. lol.
    As always, I love your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😏like seriously?well I read all your write up and it good.....so better start saying your a writer,πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
    Waiting for the next story

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your story .....go girl❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol..... You love it.... You do it.. You write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accept it my dear with Ur full chest,I love the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not much of a reader but I read all through..you are good, never ever say you're not a writer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post as always. There's nothing like being authentic. It's what sets you apart and what endears your readers to your post.
    Please keep them coming πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing piece sis, imposter syndrome affects us all and getting out of it can be tasking but I am proud of you my sister the WRITER, thank you for this piece, it has motivated me. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad it's called "writing styles" so be you, and enjoy the flow while we enjoy the reading. Kis kis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your writing style is simple and relatable, that's what makes your style unique. Stick to it and we'll stick to you lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing writer you are, we definitely want to read more from You everyday to stay hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure are a writer, so keep the stories coming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The more you write the better it becomes. Spend more time in doing so and the rest will be left for us to say.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a writer and a good one at that.penning your thoughts and sharing your experiences in away that makes one feel as part of it says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And a good writer too. To write well is to connect, to draw the reader in. To write pieces that touch a chord and stick in our heads such that we do not forget the words especially of some posts. I can count several. I still remember the one from when your daughter was born.

    You, my dear, are a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice piece sis, enjoyed it really. reading it makes one feel part of it. You re a writer after'all n a good oneπŸ₯°.don't stop writing.πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  17. Moral Lesson "Learn to see yourself not just to be Seen, nice one Sis
    Pens Down😊!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous writer. Welcome back. Looking forward to reading stories of daily activities. Hang out with friends, Friendships and relationships. Family stories and all that

    ReplyDelete
  20. My big sis is a writer *shouts at the top of my lungs*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sisto the writer… But geniuses never accept that they are. Leonardo da Vinci one of the worlds greatest artist never actually saw himself as an extraordinary artist, to him he was just being him, just doing what he loved you know. so….

    ReplyDelete
  22. Officially a writer😁😁
    Now i see where i got my writing skills from. I really love how "Authentic" your pieces are. You definitely have a distinct way of capturing our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pieces dear, one unique thing i admire about your story is your unique way of expressing yourself.Its important to remember there will always be someone who can do something better, but that shouldn't diminish your own strengths remember nature has vast amount of information.Way to go Sister!!! "Za Writer"

    ReplyDelete
  24. If na to yab me now you go do am with your full chest! Claim something wey go bring us money and private jet, your voice dey shake πŸ˜’

    ReplyDelete
  25. Na you de dull yourself,See as hype sweet your belle now. I have always loved what your writing and I am glad you are taking it seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  26. See as ur blog don dey gather traffic, i hope say dem don dey begin pay? The amebo part is what i like most! Ur authentic and ur stories are catchy..... our very own Chinwe Achebe of Ramin tabo

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are writer there's nobody will tell me otherwise and you are good at it,I look your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are a writer nobody will tell me otherwise and you are good at it,I love your stories

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful stories at all times....you are a writer just believe nd have the confidence without whispers. We await u at the top

    ReplyDelete
  31. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚yeah! It goes beyond being an official writer.
    The moment you take a pen to express whatever you have inside. You're definitely one and you are good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My writer friend but you are actually a good writer .Just keep writing and we keep reading and posting

    ReplyDelete
  33. You're definitely one good writer, it goes beyond being officially called a writer ..
    You're good πŸ™πŸ½

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are doing well, keep it up, slowly but surely you are getting there.... Give us the gist as e dey hot... Spice our day

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lol…. I Love the fact that you’re being yourself even as you write & do your stuff. Love your write ups

    ReplyDelete
  36. The writer, amebo pickin. Carry go

    ReplyDelete
  37. The fact that you started this for the fun of it & do it so well, should go a long way to tell you that being a writer is inbuilt. You didn’t have to train for it, it just comes to you naturally. So go Bee! Accept it with your full chest & keep making us proud! Luv you mama❤️

    ReplyDelete
  38. Well, it’s about time! πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete