Friday 8 March 2024

WOMAN!

 


That is the only name my Father ever called me. 

Woman… 

I loved being called this by my father. 

It made me feel special. 

So so special.

I was Woman

Everyday, just me, Woman to my Baba. 

I was happy. 

Sixteen years later, a little girl was born. 

My sister, the loveliest little thing ever and I adored her. I knew I loved her, but maybe I didn’t know  just how much I did till Baba began to call her Woman; I wanted so badly to feel jealous, but  I just could not. I was happy to share my special name with her and our bond grew and grew such that everyone knew she was special special to me.

She was my baby.

Mine to love and spoil and boi, love and spoil her did I do!

I loved her so… so much that I began to tell people I was her mom and I was always happy when those that did not know believed me. 

She was my baby.

From the first time she got a phone, her number was saved as ‘MaGold’ cz that is what she is to me.

She grew up so beautiful, so brilliant and was I proud of her! So so proud. Her intelligence made me feel better about my Olodo-ness as i would tell myself that I must have added part of my brain to hers. Don’t judge me, mans gotta make mans feel better about mans Olodo-ness

Now, let me tell you about my baby.

Ma’Gold, the Angel. 

A literal Angel with the sweetest smile ever.

So beautiful, so gentle, did I mention her brilliance? Truly an intelligent young woman.

An academic award winning Architect. 

An obedient lover of God.

A follower of Christ. 

A prayer warrior. 

A beautiful soul. 

A music lover. 

The sweetest girl.

Member, goshi gang. 

A true foodlum

Knowing her equals loving her.

Her beautiful smile would warm up every room she entered.

Her calm nature would bring peace. 

I’m sure if we ever saw her farts, they’d  glitter and her sneeze, like colorful musical notes.

The 2nd ‘Woman’ in Baba’s life.

Ma’Gold

My big brother’s baby.

My baby brother’s twin.

My sisters’ ajebo baby sis. 

Sammy’s Babies…

My baby girl…



On this international women’s day, I celebrate you. 

With tears in my eyes as i write this. I celebrate you. 

I celebrate your life, Ma.Gold.

I thank God for the opportunity to have loved you, you knew without a doubt how much I loved you. 

I will not be sad today, I promise.

I will close my eyes picture how on the 20th of January 2024 heaven must have erupted in applause when you walked in and Baba walking down the street of gold, with a smile and hug he must have asked ‘ah ah, Woman what are you doing here now?’

I love you forever and a day, Pwanedo Alson.

33 comments:

  1. We thank God for gifting Pwanedo to us, we love you but God loves you most my "babies".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm touched and inspired. May her soul keep resting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mama!!!! Such a star girl. I’m glad I got to love her and be loved by her ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was truly special. Such a powerful woman. Love you mama❤️ may God continue to strengthen you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written. Witnessed your love for her first-hand. What a beautiful image to conjure of heavenly celebrations. Keep resting Pwanedo 🤍

    ReplyDelete
  6. A star girl always…To Pwanedo Alson you are loved forever and always girlll…Continue to sleep till we meet at ABBA’s feet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really powerful. Keep resting Pwanedo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never met her, but I feel I did after such beautiful words. I know you will truly miss her. Beautiful, smart, eternal. She had it all. 🙏❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rest on Angel❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing soul with a wonderful heart. Till we meet again at the resurrection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sister like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. keep resting pwanes
    One luv sistur'thats how she used called us'

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me cry on this special day Boron. She was a very calm and special girl, i still remember the day you asked if you could pray for me my flower girl 22yrs ago. I was very happy. Continue to rest in the blossom of the Lord. We love you but God loves you more

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm I celebrate you baby sis. We bless God for the opportunity to have been a part of your life. People would look at you and be like madam is this your daughter and we would just laugh it off. You were truly special to us all, calm, intelligent, beautiful and most of all, Godly. I weep everyday since 20th January but i know He will take the pain away gradually. Love you forever and a day. Miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She was truly your baby. You loved and cared for her so much, you were selfless for her. May God continue to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully written ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. So special. You made me cry Borom. May she continue to rest in peace 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rest On Dear ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pwanedo you are dearly missed and loved. Keeping resting in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Indeed heaven gained an angel 😇 🕊🕊💐

    ReplyDelete
  21. A piece nicely crafted. Rest on Pwanedo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A love so beautiful and true. We celebrate you pwanedo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Words will never be enough.. rest on architect

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awwww be comforted dear. May her soul Rest In Peace

    ReplyDelete
  25. This was beautifully written and touched a deep part of my heart. Some people go through life never experiencing this kind of love and bond. I’m glad you both shared that in this lifetime and I’m sorry that bond was abruptly broken. May she live on in your memories and in the lives of everyone her beautiful soul touched.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woman! May the Holy Spirit comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So touching, she truly was your baby. Rest on Babygirl❤️

    ReplyDelete
  28. Take solace in the Lord Sister .Rest on Pwanedo

    ReplyDelete
  29. A love so true and pure! May you find comfort dear. Rest on Pwanedo you're truly missed

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautifully written 👌 💖 May God continue to comfort You dear "woman"

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love you forever pwanedo 🥰keep resting…

    ReplyDelete