Sunday 20 February 2022

EVER BEEN SERVED?

 

It was Valentine’s day just a few days ago and I was a happy somebody. 

Happy because I am a sucker for love, I love love…So much so that I have appointed myself the president of the Awwww Association

Which meant on Val’s day, I was on duty, busy roaming the streets of the ‘gram, surfing my contacts’ WhatsApp status’ and I even found my way to the bird app in search for awww moments for which I awww-ed  and awwwww-ed and smiled and was happy for the Val-ed. 

But you know how this life is now, I also came across some servings of breakfast (if you don’t gerrit, forget abourrit) Some were hot and some were cold, coooold, which made me quite unhappy but I am hopeful for all those who were served; hopefully by next year, I will awwwwn with them (if you’re on this table, say amen!) as heartbreak isn’t cool at all and I’m sure we  you all know a thing or two about this. (Wanna share?).

Back to love… love is a beautiful thing and good relationships are amazing and break-ups? They suck, which ever way they are served suck! 

But I want to talk about a different kind of break-up today.

I want to talk about friendship break-ups

Do like this ✋if you’ve been served this special kind of breakfast. 

I am doing like this ✋with my full chest as it has happened to me. 

Not once.

(Wipes lone tear)

Have you ever woken up one day and realize that, you have become strangers with your person? The one person whom you have shared laughs, secrets, cried together with, to and for? The one person who was your gist partner, who would go all FBI and gangster on any one who tried to mess with you, your gossip partner, the one whom you’ve shared so many meals with.

                                                       

Like I said earlier, it has happened to me…

Not once…

(Wipes lone tear…again)

…and it hurt. It hurt because I don’t make friends as easily as others, so I hold my friends dear; my girls know this. Now, if you make it to my holy of holies (HOH)sigh! Imagine a senior member of the HOH ghosting and becoming a stranger… ko da now

I see all these quotes about how if you lose a friend, they were never your friend to begin with; I don’t agree because the good times were good, it was real and it was good and it was amazing and we had loads of fun; so I would rather believe that ‘some people are in your life for a time or purpose’ and when that is fulfilled, they move…you move (just like that 💃… see what i did there?)  

Some broken friendships are fixed, broken up friends make up and are able to work through whatever issues they had (psssst Omofeba),  some are back-ish but not where they used to be; some are just dead and gone and there is just no going back; which is also ok. So whatever level you are now, maybe accept it as it is, apologize if you are wrong, find out if maybe you did wrong and don’t even know it… that’s what I did; for closure: I guess.  And I am glad I did, I am happy where we are. I am happy with the friends I have now and it is what it is!

So do you, if you want, how you want…

xoxo


PS. If you are reading this, I want you to know that I’ll always be here if you need me.

PSS.. I know I am cool like that.



29 comments:

  1. Well I hope I never get served this kind of breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendship breakfast is very painful oh. Tasted it and I won't recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friendship breakfast is the worst. Especially when it is sudden and there was no fight. You try am try till it enters your head that they dont want to be friends again.
    My uni bestie went to UK after graduation. And suddenly the calls changed. She came to Nigeria and I didnt hear. Gof married had 3 kids, I heard after all had happened.
    I will just call or she will call and suddenly be like I have a baby. And I will be wondering baby how, out of wedlock abi in wedlock, for who?
    My dear, till she born 3. After 8 years before I heard she was married.

    I'm in the UK now and we have talked once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friendship is a very good one when it's with amazing people, but breakfast isn't a good one at all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me just join you to wipe lone tear cz I have been served too oh ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friendship breakfast is terrible ��
    I still can’t believe i and my friend Stephanie don’t talk anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I am on this table! But I've also being on the other side & did the serving! It is what it is...🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friendship breakfast sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weldone President of Awwwww Association����������

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm... Breakfast does suck.... But it is what it is! Shout out to ma girlz ( you know yourselves) ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm I have been served that breakfast several times and the feeling is very terrible.such is life.we move

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm I have been served that breakfast several times and the feeling is very terrible.such is life.we move

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you ever woken up and found out you have become a stranger with you no1 person???? I have o..
    It's real , life has a way of teaching us something new ☺️ at that point you ask yourself what you did wrong you will think think and think, but after all said and done you sit back think about it we grow everyday so maybe along the line we became different people I've always been different but we never saw it until that point , but one thing I will let you all know is that when you get to that point pick yourself up ,dust yourself and move on that's not the end of the world life goes on they'll be good days they'll be bad days, we move

    ReplyDelete
  15. Friendship breakfast doesn't sound cool and wouldn't want to experience that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Friendship breakfast sucks ain't a good feeling 😢.been there before

    ReplyDelete
  17. Personally I think there is that one relationship worth saving. I mean Efforts might prove futile when feelings are hot in the air but when that one member of you "HOH" is really important to you, you can never really let go no matter how hard you try. So best try to salvage the relationship and when that fails; you can't come and kill yourself jare. Que Será, Será

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha… I felt that ko da now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was once served or twice served with that kind of breakfast...
    It was so hot that I have to swallow it. If I spit it out, I will on the Front page of the dailys.

    But anyhow we move����‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  20. U always write beautifully, Ur write ups are always captivating… Mina

    ReplyDelete
  21. My experience was interesting, I thought we were friends and I gave it my all till stuff happened and I got sidelined, and I got a condition to remaining friends, when I did not obliged,I got served lol ..... Nice one sis

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one of the realest shit I've read in a while. I dey with you, no shoutims. WhoopWhoop

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so true... my friend and I were so close in secondary school, even in university despite being in different states, but we grew apart after we started working and life happened.
    I'm glad we both understand its all part of growing up though, because when we meet, it's like we left just a minute ago, we pick up right where we left.��

    ReplyDelete
  24. Breakfast, breakfast�� some breakfast you serve yourself because you can just see the red flags everywhere. I took a break from my partner because he'd changed, no longer the present and caring person I knew, I felt like he was always using me too.

    After some weeks he tried to contact me saying he's blessed to have me and thank God I didn't give in, thank God I reserved some of my dignity because the same day he said all that, I was told he asked for someone's hand in marriage �������������� I'm still so very heart broken, I've never felt a connection with someone like I did with him and I feel so betrayed, I don't know if I'll ever open up to anyone like I did with him, oh, it hurts more because of present he was in my life before i noticed the change and because the girl is his cousin (such marriages are allowed in my religion)������

    ReplyDelete
  25. Friendships & breakfast not my kind of thing

    All the same there's a saying what's bad for you is good for another
    What's good for you is bad for another's

    Hakuna matata.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Don't think I've been served before.. but I know the feeling of being left out..

    ReplyDelete
  27. You write beautifully..as to being served breakfast, hmmm.. such is life o!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Let me just do like this ��‍♀️��‍♀️ with my full chest too and join you to wipe lone tear��....at the end of it all, everyone meuvesss!

    ReplyDelete