Friday 23 April 2021

Naija Mom Fail?



Did you ever think of the day that you would have a child and ‘payback’ some of the stuff our mothers did to us?

Yes? Correct person!

No? So I am the only weird one?

Me sha, I always looked forward to the day I will tell my child ‘come and put it in my nose’ or ‘come and put it on my head’. Hmmmm my people, me that I have been priding myself as a correct Naija momma, especially since the day my kids  madams happily waited for ice cream only to find kpomo in the ice cream bowl. 

Oh my! That’s was a very happy day for me, the day I earned major points as a Naija mother. I wish I had a candid photo to show the level of disappointment on their faces when they opened the bowl to get ‘ice cream’. 

Tihihihi... but I got a picture of the ‘ice cream’ or should I call it ponm-cream?

😁

They are even lucky that it was something edible in the bowl, unlike when we had thread and needle and a complete sewing kit in Danish biscuit tins or even full on egusi soup with better palm oil staring at you when you open ‘fan ice’ container...

Are you then wondering why I titled this post ‘...fail’ if I had already gotten points? 

Toh,  I will gist you. 

So, there I was, basking in the euphoria of earning Naija momma points with my ice cream bowl of ponmo and this child of mine came to ask where to keep her plate and I said ‘keep it on my head’. 

My people, my people that is how she actually, I mean this child actually took 2 steps towards me!

Then she stoped and said ‘huh?’

....ah! I thought to myself that the ancestors must have seen what was about to happen and whispered the gospel to her at that very crucial moment in her life. 

Because ehn...?!!

And she actually looked confused when I said ‘Dear child, thank thine ancestors for the save, please.’ 

You see how I almost lost points? Not just momma points oh, Naija momma points! Kai, it pained me! Now I have to go to my arsenal and pull out all the Naija mom-ness-ability I can pull out and go full on Naija Mama on ‘em kids! 

But I have to stop falling my own hands like I did today... that’s how I was shouting 

‘who wants chips?

‘I said who wants chips?’

‘Can’t you guys hear me?’

‘I will change my mind oh’ 

And I was thinking shooo? How can I be trying to feed them and they are just staring at me like this, not saying anything?

Next thing I heard, as I had turned to bless them with the look was ‘Oh, I think she means French fries...right mommy?’

Mogbe! I have do myself... that’s how I just jejely said ‘ehn, French fries, that’s chips na!’ 

I shall be taking my L on this one sha as I think of ways to put small Naija-ness in ‘em kids.

Please share with me any of the stunts I can pull oh! I must recover my almost lost points. 

I refuse to carry a badge of Naija Momma fail, lai lai, it can’t happen!

Pray with me!

xoxo

 



22 comments:

  1. 🀣🀣🀣🀣who wants chips

    ReplyDelete
  2. ��������
    Good thing you didn't entirely lose the points

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fada lawd! After rolling with chanel 0 guy with DSTV funneh you're shoutims chips up πŸ‘† and down πŸ‘‡ πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dey show yourself o. Chips Ko chops no "french fries" I no fit laugh o.

    Anyway, wake up earn some more points

    ReplyDelete
  5. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ living in America 1. Will be waiting to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say who wants Chips😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🚢🏾‍♀️🚢🏾‍♀️

      Delete
  7. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  8. 🀣🀣🀣 B! Abeg don't kill me with laughter here! LMAO! This is so hilarious! I said who wants chips...🀣🀣🀣

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha ye who wants chips ohhhh, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahahahahaaaaa...so funny. Naija gain your points back oh. Kai! I remember my Mum and savage replies...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ������������ chips aka French fries
    I like @ put small Naija-ness in ‘em kids.
    God help you.

    ReplyDelete