Wednesday 10 February 2021

It's MM's Fortieth!

 

Y'all remember my promise to write something on each of the 81 Gang members' 40th birthdays right?

Well, well, well, it is my MMs 40th today and I kaint keep calm about it!

If you know me, then you have an idea how much MM means to me. 

She is my go to guy. 

My friend friend. 

Honorable member of my innermost caucus

Chairlady of my holy of holies.

When she hurts, I hurt.

When she cries, I cry.

When she laughs, I laugh.

When she's happy, I am happy

If she's sad, I ask who I need to jump... 

You get the gist...?

In fact, legend has it that when she was in labor to birth her little human, she was shouting my name. I do not understand why oh, but yeah, we tight like that!  

Have I mentioned that I am her daughter, Zee's self appointed god mother? Well it is only a befitting position for me as it was my name being screamed when she was coming into the world.  


So I met Mairo 13 years ago when we were new buckets at work; everyone kept to themselves most of the time but I had noticed her during inauguration (as i was looking for potential friends na) though for some reason, I thought she was pompous so we couldn't  be friends.

Yes oh, just like that, I had tried and judged her in my head (world people behavior, I know).

Then we got posted to the same department and we kindda became friends... but the moment I knew for sure I wanted to be real friends with her was when I realized she may be an asset to me... you see, my dear MM has a pure silver tooth from Mecca, when she smiles, you cant help but notice how radiant she is... anyways, that's how I thought e go good to remove this tooth and sell someday if we get broke and so I finally let her become my friend because you know, asset! 

Sense will not kill me. lol 


Dear Hajia Mairo (with emphasis to the Hajia cz you know, silver tooth) I am glad you are my friend.

I am blessed to have you in my corner always.

Thank you for praying for me. 

Thank you for praying with me.

Thank you for sharing Zee with me. 

Thank you for the laughs.

Thank you for being my MM. 

And so, as you turn the big 40 today, I wish you the best of the best that life has to offer.

I pray for you today, my friend, my sister, may this special day bestow you with more love and joy than you ever imagine because you deserve the best in life. 

Happy Birthday, Mairo, I love you wujiga-wujiga!

So to the rest of the 81 gang, I say go, go, go, go, go, go, go who's next?!

    

27 comments:

  1. Happy birthday celebrant.
    It's funny how life turns. There are so many persons who share some kind of bond whom if they had earlier been told that they would be this close wouldnt have believed it. What we see from afar is in most cases different from a close view.
    God bless your friendship. May it continually yield healthy fruits.
    Have a perfect year celebrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na so oh! I shall continue to thank the Silver tooth for making me consider this friendship. lol
      Thank you for the birthday wishes for my dear friend.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Maman Zee din aunty Irene mai dogon gashi.

    Allah ya kara kwanaki masu albarka.

    Thank you for bding my guy's MM.

    Dear guy 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I wee not talk until then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amiiiiin!
      My guy na my guy ai...
      Guying it differently ne kawai.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday dear,more bountiful years ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, thank you on behalf of the birthday somebody.

      Delete
  4. Awww����!Happy birthday mummy zee
    Age full of grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday MM , wishing you the very best life has to offer. God bless your new age and crown your years with amazing accomplishments. Me sha I need my cake and considering your asset😁 you are now my by force friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehen, you have sense. I am still all for the asset also.
      Thank you for the birthday wishes...
      You is next!

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MM. Wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to my dearest cuz. Welcome to the big 40 sis.love you loads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your cousin with me!
      Kisses to my SabSab!

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday to MM!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to my neighbour's MM. May God's blessings never depart from you🤲

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really captured it from your heart. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwn.. I kindda love her that much, I think.
      Thanks

      Delete
  11. She is a rare gem indeed.��

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Happy birthday MM. Wish you many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amiiiin! Stay tuned for May 13th.
      lol...

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday sweet MM. when I found out vira was cheating on me with a new BFF I was prepared to squeeze face for you even though we go way back, but dammit you’re too sweet to vex for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 40 wow!!!!. I guess your next 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shall we focus on the matter @ hand, please?
      Thank you.

      Delete