Wednesday 28 November 2018

Be Still...



Have you ever wanted something really bad and did not get it?
Have you ever hoped so badly for a thing and it didn't come to be?
Have you ever believed so much in a cause but it did not pull through?
Have you ever craved something so bad but did not get it?
Have you prayed hard and it seems your prayers aren't going through the ceiling?

Yes? 
So...
Did you feel bad, sad, angry, alone and wondered what is going on?
Yup, I know that feeling...
Too well in fact...

But then, this is the deal... God says "...be still and know that I am God"

Let me say it louder for the people at the back...
He said "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!!!"
Well, what else can one do but chill and wait on Him to show He's boss! 😎😎

So what is making me sound serious-ish today?
Here goes...
There is this thing I really wanted and was super hopeful for but I did not get. 
Super heartbreaking, right?
Right.

I felt so bad and I did not understand why God did not let me have my thing despite praying hard, fasting and being super hopeful. 

Anyways, I was told why I did not get this thing, and to be honest, the reason made sense, plenty sense in fact but I wanted it and could not be bothered with why I was not given or the sense of it. 
I just wanted what I wanted, when I wanted and how I wanted it!

So, I cried. 
And cried.
I threw myself a big soppy pity party.
Then proceeded to take advantage of my friends by guilt tripping them into giving me comfort food...😁

Don't blame me please, I have to milk the situation, biko.  
So if you know you have not comforted me appropriately, I am still open to receiving comfort food and comfort gifts, please *Side eyeing Ozi, Meow and DaShiznit...*


Well, after all my serenren and feeling sorry for myself, I decided to look into the 'why' of not getting my 'thing'. And of course like I said earlier, it made sense. Eventually, I grudgingly agreed it was the best way to go; a much better alternative to what I wanted and a more permanent solution to the matter. 

So basically, God's answer to my prayer was "wait, My child. I have a better plan..." 
But this child of God (points @ self) at the time saw it as a big fat 'No!' 

Now I know it was not a No from God and today, I came across a post on the'Gram by Miss B...it is by a very wise Psalmist who happens to be a guy after God's heart, He said take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart... Psalms 37:4

He did not say we should tell God how to go about doing anything for us, but to trust Him with the desires of our hearts and wait. 
Again, did He not say chill I've got this   be still and know that I am God?

All I am saying is this, if we trust that He hears our prayers and we are confident that He will meet us at our points of need, then we should also learn to fully leave it all in His hands to do it His way.
After all He has said "for I know the thoughts I think towards you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end..." 

*somebody shout hallelujah*

 Did you see that? He said "....an expected end"

I have learnt that I should stop projecting for things to happen at the time I want or the way I want but to be still and wait for Him knowing that whichever way it goes, it will arrive at my expected end. Which is actually more important after all, right? 

I know that God will definitely bless us with the desires of our hearts and we will thank Him for the way Amaka  our own ways, our own sabisabi  and the world disappoints us. 

So...fret not, He'll do it.
Maybe today, maybe not.
You'll get get it...I do not know how but I know He will...
Just trust in Him, be still and know that He is God!

Shalom
PS: I am still receiving comfort food and drinks oh!

Happy birthday to BooBoo and Carla...💖💗💕

18 comments:

  1. Its a wonderful piece. Word word word

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people at the back, aka me...
    sorry you did not get what you wanted. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Yes oh, in case they did not hear.
      hugs back at ya!

      Delete
  3. Kai, I admire your strength and attitude while waiting.... May God grant us all our hearts desires and also help us to have a good behavior whilst we wait. Plenty hugs babe and thanks for sharing, I'm encouraged. Abeg d milking don do na������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah! The milking never do oh!
      lol!
      thanks a lot, na God.

      Delete
  4. Still Babe... He got your back, He will not disappoint you. But wait o the food go reach me end..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a timely message. Thank you💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learnt about being still and knowing that God is God some months back.If onlyi had writting skills like my dear friend Zanda.So back to the post.Yes baby the bible says at his own time he makes all things beautifull,here taje a big tight cyber hug.How about we catch a movie soon for ya comfort,if not for my for my diet we would have done Chinese at winnies kitchen (the Damas Restaurant).Boo boo says thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, I am glad you did but come oh, how does your dieting affect my chop-ability?
      Ma'fren, will you come take me to chop Chinese?

      Delete
  7. Beautiful write up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learnt a lot from this.what great massage.thanx. (Gina)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it made sense even to one person.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  9. Psalm 46:10 is one of my favorite...that is why all the Amakas in the world cannot do me nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaaa! Memo to all Amakas...
      I am happy you caught that!

      Delete
  10. Superinstructive. Nice peace

    ReplyDelete