Tuesday 17 February 2015

World people!!!

I just caught myself about to complain about the heat and I quickly held my mouth. Wasnt my last post a big complain about how cold it was?
Kai! world people! (please say that in your best waffy accent) we can like to complain about everything. God is really patient with us. One minute we complain about the cold, next minute, it is too hot. She is too black, he is too fair, see this short man, see this tall woman. See this big head, your head is small oh (I get this one a lot).


And yes, I am about to do just that....It is hot in the Buj!!!! OMG! I am sorry I am complaining but I am a ''world people''. Father, have mercy. I think I might just decide to go to that obodo oyibo after all....Tibs and Obiamaka oya take note (again).
 
Seriously though, why do we complain about stuff? Isn't it possible to just go through life accepting everything that comes our way? Some stuff we complain about, we have no way of fixing or changing. Case in point, the weather.
 
Another good example? The Israelites. They complained about the Manner from God! They were missing the fish, meat, cucumber and garlic they ate in Egypt. Somebody come and help me...cucumber and garlic fa! No be today world people begin show themselves. And God got angry at them and burned down a part of the camp. Hmmmm....thank God for Jesus if not ehn, this generation under Grace would not be standing right now. We would have all been consumed.
 
Well, He had mercy on them and brought fought quails and they had meat! Yes to suya! 
 
So, it might not be entirely bad to complain me thinks but I think our attitude matters a lot while we do so. Now instead of blurting out ''choi, this heat will kill me'' or ''which kind heat be this'' maybe I should say something like ''Lord,please see me through this heat and lead me to a fully air conditioned room.'' Maybe, just maybe that would help me not to anger Him like the Israelites did.
 
And in line with Philippians 4:6....Thank You Lord, that I am alive, strong and healthy to even get to feel the heat. Now Lord, that new car with the top notch a/c......
Amen!!!

 
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Vira is back!
    Yes oh, world people. May God help us.
    Amen to your car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Not just to a car but to one with good a/c for this heat.
    Thank you anon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that fully air conditioned car......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheessssssss baccckkkkk... **Ooosssshhhey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vira toh sure... throwing us jabs of humor like Kilode! iLikey! Wait this post is not accepted mbok! you and who?! *8In Wajildas voice.. Its not gonna happen... Where are you coming from?! Where have you been?! Aha! So you will just goan and comean be doing like noRin hapIn ni! Nah **In Wajildas voice Not gonna happen oh!!! **Chanting.. We no go gree oh! We no go gree!!! **Shines teeth..

      Welcome back Vira, its good to know that you are back and well... Truly Baby mi, it feels like we humans are wired to complain.. We complain about both what our actions can change, and that which we have absolutely no power over.. as we are never content.. Look at Adam and Eve, they had everything, and even the previledge of nudity for fun so ghen ghen action film could happen any time and in any style at any place **Winks , but they still were not content... Isoorait oh! the lord is our muscle mbok... I see you are going Pastor on us yeah... **Adjusts brother in the lord Tie... and **Enters Pastor mode... Sister Vira, the Lord loves you, and we love you too bubba.. Please dont go AWOL on us again biko.. I beg you in the name of Standard Chartered bank.

      Turn up Turn up ladies and Gentlemen.... when Vira does it, she drops it like its hot.. and the crowd goes... Yyyyeeeeaaahh Mehn! Cheers Bubba. You rock. Osssssshhhheeey... Fileh a dont touch it. :)

      Delete
    2. Duru oh! Yes, I'm back. Thank you, thank you... My dear me sef can complain for Africa oh but I'm learning to complain 'right' if that makes any sense.
      This one that Wajilda's voice is coming up.... *dials ribena*

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Babe! We will soon give Duru the title of Blogsville Anti late posting and other .......... Offences Police.hehe.
      But come to think of it where you disappear go siiiiince?How your Vals day?Oya come and gist me.

      Sergeant Duru pls come and answer her queshun. Wajilda gini?
      Wait oh! Shouldn't that be Inspector? I remember his investigative abilities during T.notes review.

      Delete
  5. Vira! Vira!! Vira!!! Can u please stop your disappearing acts? I'm happy you're back

    ReplyDelete
  6. Complain , Complain, Complain! Our mouths need exercising.....

    ReplyDelete