Friday 17 October 2014

Benefits Of Drinking Water

 

SHARED on how I do not like to drink water and I got a few responses from people like me (side eyeing ZOE and ESTHER) who do not like to drink water also.

The thing is I have always heard and have been told by friends and even in the hospital to drink more water than I do. Well, I have decided to heed to the Dr's advice and I will begin to drink more water right after this pack of ribena. But before I start, I should at least try to find out why all the "drink more water" talk right?

So here are Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water: Don't Medicate, Hydrate! as seen on Google.
  
1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!

2. Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (hello natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories!

3. Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).

4. Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!
Did you know?
5. Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.

6. Boosts Immune System – A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.

7. Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.

8. Prevents Cramps & Sprains - Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
For real?
9. Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!

10. Save Money! -Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte!

Make it fun by adding cucumber or watermelon to your water.
You can thank me now or later but for now,

xxo

11 comments:

  1. Water. 1st thing in the morning 🕗. Last thing. At night

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be one of my favourite posts, Vira! I love water, and I think that it is the best drink in the universe. I drink more than 2 litres of water daily - Maybe, that's why I have good skin, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want good skin oh. It will be water all the way after this fanta... Ok, I need help!

      Delete
  3. Yay! We the water drinkers are on point.
    I always knew there was a reason why I liked Obiamaka. Turns out its water.lol.
    Vira!No more Ribena for you.ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love water too, nice post Vee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water is neccessary, at one point I was so busy that I hardly take enough water. As a result my blood pressure went low, a condition known as hypotension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am pregnant right now so can tell u it helps reduce preterm labor,Kai imagine ur constipated while pregnant,has got to be the worst feeling

    ReplyDelete
  7. water nahhhh! not me.....lolzzz.......**covers face and run away***...heheh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not like drinking water....I used to drink lots of coke but since I reduced my xoke intake and increased water intake, I can tell the difference. Water helps in cleaning your system and so if you have lots of pimples and acnes, try taking lots of water. I'm telling you it works.

    Www.mylifeasmoby.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me!! Water?? Naahhhh... i have had lunch and dinner today, and the sachet of water is still right in front of me un opened... i hate water oh Jari. I hate it to the extent that I hate bathing 2 times a day... its that Bad ooo...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s great that you finally changed your view about drinking water. There are really a lot of benefits in keeping oneself hydrated all the time. If the body has less water, they tend to weaken and slow down. That, and it could also affect your immune system; which can make you prone to different kinds of diseases.

    Verna Griffin @ Axeon Water Technologies

    ReplyDelete