Monday 22 September 2014

Crazy Things Included In A Marriage List

As seen on momentwithzoe and I am still in shock! Really?

1. 7 male goats for the elders
2. 7 female goats for the old women.
3. 120 years of Nigeria Wax for her sisters.
4. 3 Apple Laptops.
5. 5 pieces of bold 6 blackberries.
6. 50 liters of petrol.
7. A white bicycle for her uncle.
8. 200 pairs of bathroom slippers for the villagers.
9. 5 trip of sand and 20 bags of dangote cement.
And different type of orishirishi. The listed items were up to 50.

Well, the groom to be found his way back to obodo oyibo after sighting the list. Who'd blame him?
Is this normal? They do not give any lists here I come from, the normal thing is to bring salt and kola nuts for the introduction and 3 mats I think...and any other thing you add, na you sabi.

I bet you can imagine my shock when I saw laptops and blackberries on this list. Plus Dangote cement? lmao! They even specified the one they want. I cant shout biko.

What is the craziest thing you have seen in a marriage list? 
Thank you Zoe for allowing post this here.

xxo

12 comments:

  1. Okei...so I gotta ask...the petrol is for????....what is the uncle supposed to do with the white bicycle??....7 male and female goats are for what??......**faints**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehe The fuel is for Fueling the Generators their Ancestors are using in lala land i guess. heheh Mehn Ernie, this list ehn, e get as e be oh! lmao.

      Delete
    2. I just dont get it. Bicycle for the uncle fa? At least the goats will be for isi-ewu and pepper soup but the petrol...that has got me thinking and wondering. Common!

      Delete
  2. lol, the craziest item i have seen on a wedding list is cowries (Nigerian former currency) being requested for today and if you don't have it they request for a foreign currency( dollar or pounds) SMH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the foreign currency is what those people were truly after abeg.

      Delete
  3. hehehehe Now this is jst Crazy.. Wetin them wan use the White Bicycle do nah? if they asked for a Range Rover now, i would understand that the papa of the geh is a guy man :). When my cousin got married yeah , I pitied for the guy. As usual Vira, the guy man was forming Americannah from Yankee nah, so they milked him like fat cow.. My guy bought Yam ehn, when I went to the store, I wondered if they did a new Yam festival and brought all the yam in the village to our compound. Its strange how these Village people dont fear GOD oh! haba 3 Apple Laptops, not Even Lenovo, Apple!!! :( iVex. How are you Vira?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao @ new yam festival. yes oh, apple and not lenovo.Maybe they really meant a white range rover and not bicycle? They really dont fear God at all. asking for blackberries and apples when they have plenty mango and pawpaw for village.

      Delete
  4. Ladies for that area go the turn tokumbor be that.... E too much na

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm! That was how I opened mouth when I saw it.
    Where I come from the collect yams, maybe maltina,ehm what else oh? Fruits, hmm a box supposed to be filled with clothes by the grooms family but which is usually empty and the bride price is always a negligible amount and most times returned back by the brides family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That list ehn? hmmm I am beginning to think it was intentional. Just to make him run. If not....

      Delete
  6. na wa o this is just greed masking as marriage list.not be only male and female goat hermaphrodite goat nko.... mannn poor chick

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not surprised some people are still single. Who wouldn't after seeing this long list?

    ReplyDelete